Agro-Environmental Education & Farmers Welfare Society (AEEFWS) was founded in 2021. It is an autonomous research and educational organization registered under Society Registration Act XXI of 1860 bearing Registration No. 255 during 2020-21. It is a scientific and educational organization, working in agriculture, environment, and farmers welfare for sustainable development and provides a unique platform to the scientists, academicians, researchers, and policymakers to exchange their ideas, encourage research, and disseminate knowledge of Agro Environment in the society.
AEEFWS is started by a group of Agriculture and Veterinary Professionals with the aim to revitalize rural India by providing access to sustainable farm and rural community livelihood development. We serve to promote research in all branches of agricultural sciences to provide the members with opportunities, exchange of knowledge, and cooperation among relevant societies. The AEEFWS’s primary scope covers Agronomy, Horticulture, Entomology, Plant Pathology, Plant Breeding & Genetics, Soil Science, Agriculture Engineering, Agri. Stat & Economics, Forestry, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Veterinary Sciences, Fisheries, etc.
AEEFWS is one of the largest networks of agriculture and allied sector professionals in India and acts as a bridge between a network of Indian rural communities and other stakeholders, including government, development organisations and corporate entities. AEEFWS does this through large-scale field implementation projects with integrated deployment of technological innovation for efficiency and scale. Till now, 5 Vice-Chancellors, 12 Directors, 30 Principal Scientists, 145 Professor and Assistant Professor’s, 350 P.hd Scholars and more than 2500 experts from various specialisations of Agricuture, Veterinary and other sciences from 27 States of India and 9 Countries across the globe have contributed in AEEFWS projects to enhancing livelihood opportunities for more than one million farmer households.
To uplift the Farming community in a sustainable way by introducing new farm technologies, acting as a resource agency for the betterment of farming community and to empower the Rural India leading towards human development with an equity, dignity and justice. We believe that when farmers are enabled to improve and earn from their harvests, rural India can become a place of opportunity and prosperity for all community members.
- To diversify and strengthen its organizational competency to develop and implement strategies and programmes to enhance the capacities of farmers, families and communities through empowerment, participation and advocacy to make people discover their potential for action and change.
- Our organization has pioneered a family approach to the long-term betterment of Farming community and Rural Development.
- Enhancing incomes of smallholders through access to markets and technologies.
- To alleviate farmer poverty by providing access to knowledge gaps and technical innovations for abundant harvests and increased income through opening market access.
- To ensure that communities remain resilient through proper provision and maintenance of natural resources to support agriculture and community living conditions.